Divine Child Elementary School is seeking a 7th grade English Language Arts Teacher for the 2021-2022 school year. The ideal candidate has a passion for teaching and learning, a commitment to students and colleagues and an excitement for developing dynamic, contemporary and relevant lessons in collaboration with fellow educators.
Qualifications/Requirements (include but not limited to)
Embodies and uphold the mission of Divine Child Elementary School
- Possesses BA an accredited university
- Possesses a valid and current Teaching Certificate with either:
- Elementary Certification 6-8 with specified certification in subjects Language Arts (BA)OR:
- Secondary Certification 6-12 with specified endorsement in subject English - Language Arts (BX)
- Demonstrates knowledge of and ability to utilize educational best practices in order to
- support students and teachers in K-8 education
- Develops a project based, collaborative learning environment for the students
- Develops and executes a rigorous English standards based curriculum
- Motivates, coaches, and challenges students and colleagues
- Possesses growth mindset about teaching and learning
- Possesses an eagerness for professional learning opportunities
- Possesses the capacity to work with students with academic, social, and emotional needs
- Possesses excellent computer skills, knowledge of Google Drive/Docs preferred, with the
- ability to deliver curriculum and content in a 21st century digital learning world
- Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following application materials to ripley@ divinechild.org. Please put your name and 7th Grade English Position on the subject line.
- Cover Letter of Interest
- Minimum of two letters of reference
- Academic Credentials (i.e., teacher certification)
About the schools:
Divine Child Catholic Schools are co-ed, parish based K-12 schools in Dearborn, Michigan with over 850 students in the high school and over 550 students in the elementary school (K-8). We are committed to providing a nurturing environment which will help foster the students’ spiritual, academic, athletic and social growth. We firmly believe that all students have the capacity to learn and grow and we commit to working tirelessly with our faculty, staff, parents and students to help them reach their potential.
Divine Child Elementary School is a parish school dedicated to instilling Catholic values and achieving academic excellence.